Global Technology Company - Rethink Cost
Instant’s market expertise and support secured this leading technology firm the ideal off-market workspace in central London, at a fraction of the list price.
This leading global technology firm approached Instant to discuss high level availability and pricing for a large project in Central London. The search was linked to a critical lease date and was highly location sensitive, with both factors being primary drivers throughout.
To find a high quality workspace for 150 people across two teams, close to the client’s existing premises in Southwark SE1 and within a very specific timescale.
- Limited flexible office market expertise
- Proximity to client’s existing SE1 location was crucial as the teams would be travelling between sites regularly
- Client was fixed to a predetermined end date to coincide with group business activity across other existing locations
- The team had already been recruited, so space was required by a scheduled date
- Stringent internal approval processes, with any costs being scrutinised against traditional delivery models and approved by several internal stakeholders
- Instant benchmarked the whole market, covering both shared and managed workspace options to find the ideal solution for the client
- Instant produced a report indicating suitable locations plus a detailed breakdown of possible layouts to suit the client’s requirements
- Instant ultimately sourced an off-market shared solution comprising:
- An SE1 location moments away from the client’s existing premises
- 19,000 sq. ft. across a full floor within a new WeWork building - secured several months before the space had been made publicly available
- Negotiation of a substantial discount (>40%) against list price
- Our client has the ability to tailor the space, creating the ideal layout for its teams with Instant’s support
- Improve decision making: Instant provided visibility of the whole market, benchmarking options to help our client make an informed decision about the best solution for its needs
- Leverage actionable insight: Combining market insight and local relationships, Instant secured the ideal off-market space for the client, months before it was listed publicly
- Enhance financial performance: Instant negotiated a saving of over 40% against initial list price
- Attract, retain and enable talent: Instant ensured the client was able to create a bespoke layout within the space to match its team’s exact requirements