Thursday, 3 January, 2019
Datacom - Rethink Talent
How Instant delivered a modern, collaborative and culturally inspired workspace in Kuala Lumpur Sentral, giving Datacom employees an inspiring place to work.
Datacom was situated in a fringe location for a number of years. The company wanted a new office in a central Kuala Lumpur location to better attract talent and be closer to its clients.
To find, facilitate and fit-out a branded and contemporary workspace for 150 people within a 3-month delivery deadline.
- Imminent lease end, resulting in tight timescales
- No corporate real estate team in the local market, resulting in limited expertise and resources
- The need to attract and retain top quality staff demanded a high-quality and modern workspace solution
- To create an office environment to complement Datacom’s brand and working culture and also reflect the local landscape and heritage
- To ensure flexibility through an extendable 3-year lease
- Combining market insight and local agent/landlord relationships, Instant conducted a whole market search to find suitable options in Kuala Lumpur Sentral
- Instant negotiated preferred terms on Datacom’s chosen space to meet its budget requirements
Instant delivered an end-to-end managed solution in a 13,500 sq. ft workspace comprising:
- A prime KL Sentral location
- Complex, high-speed fit-out completed to enable occupancy within the required timescales
- Utilised our local supply chain and independent procurement platform to enable accelerated and low-cost delivery, despite high spec
- Bespoke, modern and vibrant interior design including ample breakout and collaborative space to foster a strong work community
- Strengthen and differentiate brand: An office design that is dynamic and meld-able to suit Datacom Malaysia’s working culture, urban demographic, and cultural backgrounds
- Attract, retain and enable talent: Modern, community-focused workspace enables teammates to connect and has made the office a desirable place to be in
- Increase speed to market: Bespoke, high-quality fit-out delivered within 6 weeks
- Enhance financial performance: Low-risk, bespoke option with fixed TCO, achieved below the equivalent serviced or co-working solution
- Focus on core: Instant handled everything, leaving Datacom free to focus on core business
With 52 years’ experience in providing consulting and technology realization solutions, Datacom is one of Asia Pacific’s leading IT-based service providers, with over 5,200 employees across ASEAN, Australasia, Europe, and the Americas.
A creative, start-up style workspace that creates opportunity for collaboration with clients
Need something custom?
Our experts can deliver insights or a flexible workspace report tailored to your specifications.