Global Energy Company - Rethink Agility
Instant finds a creative solution to this global energy company’s non-core project workspace conundrum, delivering a futurized workspace to engage talent and drive productivity.
This global energy firm was delivering an oil project in the Northern North and Southern North Seas out of a modular workspace in Great Yarmouth. With the modular building getting tired and coming to the end of its tenure, the client needed to move its project team to a new workspace as quickly as possible - but had limited resource to manage this non-core project. Instant stepped in to help the client find a fast, flexible and creative solution.
To find a new project workspace to accommodate up to 200 people close to the existing premises in Great Yarmouth, and at minimal risk to the client.
- Limited internal resource, due to the project sitting outside of client’s central real estate governance
- Proximity to client’s existing Great Yarmouth location was important, but property stock was limited
- Sufficient staff parking was critical to minimise travel disruption
- To future-proof against shifting project completion dates, ensuring flexibility through an extendable 5-year lease
- Current sub-standard workspace was adversely impacting the engagement of a skilled workforce
- Client wanted a solution that reduced responsibility, risk and liability for the delivery of this non-core project space
- Instant benchmarked the whole market, covering serviced, leased, modular and off-market options to find a viable building
- Alongside this, we looked at potential sites to build modular car parks, eventually advising the client to split parking across 3-4 locations for commercial advantage
- Our experts advised on best practice in office design and agile working to drive wellbeing and efficiency
- Instant delivered a 16,791 sq.ft. managed solution comprising:
- Two floors in a central Great Yarmouth location
- A mini RFP process to ensure best value on design & build
- Instant worked at risk on-site for 4 weeks prior to final procurement approvals to ensure we hit the move-in deadline for our client
- Leverage actionable insight: Combining market insight and local relationships, Instant was able to procure space for the client in an area with limited options
- Focus on core: Instant took on the management and delivery risk for this project, enabling the client to focus on core business
- Enhance financial performance: Instant was able to reduce the client’s CAPEX sum by almost 50% by part funding it and amortising it over the term
- Strengthen and differentiate brand: Opportunity to apply best-practice office design and create a vibrant, dynamic and future-proofed space
- Attract, retain and enable talent: Instant created a working environment to complement the behaviour and activities of the teams on the ground, ultimately driving wellbeing and productivity