Instant Offices Limited ("Instant ", "We", "Us", and "Our") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in the delivery of our flexible office brokerage services (“Services”). We have developed this Policy because we want you to feel confident about the privacy and security of your personal information in connection with our Services and also to outline some of your rights.
By using www.theinstantgroup.com (our “Site”) and our Services you are giving us permission to use your information as set out in this Policy. If you do not agree, please refrain from using our Site.
2. Information we may collect from you
In order to provide our Services we may collect and process the following information:
- Information that you provide (including about yourself, your employees/staff or partners) by submitting an enquiry. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our introductions and matching services, posting material, requesting further services from your Instant contact, or otherwise collected during viewings, appointments or telephone calls.
- Information that you provide when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us or selected third parties or our partners, and when you report a problem with our Site.
- Information that you provide, if you contact us for any reason. We may keep a record of that correspondence for customer services and quality purposes.
- Information that you provide when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and the fulfilment of your orders, including the arrangements and deals entered with third party office service operators and providers with whom we match your requests.
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site; products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page, traffic data, location data, time zone setting, weblogs and other communication data, information about your computer, including where available your IP address, your login information, operating system, platform, and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
The information above may include personal information, which relates to you or identifies you as an individual, such as:
- telephone number;
- e-mail address;
- username and password (for account administration);
- device ID, including IP address;
- geolocation (if using a mobile application and you consent to providing it); and/or
- any financial account information and other payment information that you submit to us.
With your prior consent, calls to us may be recorded or monitored for legitimate business interests, service quality, training purposes and to protect you and us against unauthorised access and abuse of our Services.
If you are providing us with information about another person, you should have their consent and you should also consider whether they should read this Policy.
We periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted or is necessary to protect our business. If we identify inaccurate personal data during a periodical review this data will be corrected as soon as possible.
3. Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
4. Where we store and secure your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order and any international requests that you make for serviced office solutions, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary under the Act to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone in order to avoid illegitimate intrusion into your privacy or your business transactions.
All the information you provide will be held in the strictest confidence and only used for the purposes described in this Policy.
Due to the nature of the internet, the transmission of information online is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data in accordance with industry practice, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to, or loss, misuse, disclosure or modification of the personal information that you provide to us.
5. Uses made of your personal information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and any third parties in delivering or brokering your office deal.
- Communicate with you, such as by responding to your queries or requests and providing you with further information regarding offers, opportunities, renewals or reminders.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so.
- Update and contribute to our records.
- Ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Notify you about changes to our Services.
- For research and analytical purposes to help us improve our Services.
6. Disclosure of your information
Your privacy is very important to us. We generally won’t disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of the Instant group, except in the following circumstances:
We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers to provide us with services such as website hosting, professional services, including information technology services and related infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services.
To perform services you request
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in order to perform services you request or functions you initiate, such as to landlords, commercial property agents, property operators, executive suite providers and business centres who may offer office premises matching your specific enquiry.
Corporate transactions or events
We may disclose your information to a third party in connection with a corporate reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
Other legal reasons
In addition, we may use or disclose your Personal Information as we deem necessary or appropriate: (1) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (2) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (3) to comply with court orders and other legal processes; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; (5) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (6) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Instant or our affiliates, you and others; and (7) to enforce our terms and conditions.
Please let us know if you receive any unwanted communications.
7. Your Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We ask your consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right or withdraw any consent that you have already provided, at any time, by contacting us using the contact details set out below.
You have the right to access information held about you. If you wish to do this, or if you want to change or update any information that we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details below.
You are entitled to revoke the consent given by you in whole or in part at any time with effect for the future.
8. Cookies on our Site
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. You can find out more information about cookies here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site and any advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Cookies are widely used in order to make sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the Site.
- Estimate our audience size or usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site and to provide you with offers that are targeted at your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognise you when you return to our Site.
9. Third Party Cookies
10. Google remarketing
You may be able to opt out of such "remarketing" or "retargeting" cookies used by Google to generate interest-based advertising by following the instructions on the Google advertising opt-out page. Your use of this Site without opting out means that you understand and agree to data collection to provide you with interest-based advertising using Google's remarketing ads.
How can I change my cookie settings?
Except for session cookies and any periods for expiry specified above, all cookies will expire after 18 months.
11. Changes to our Policy
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future, for example in relation to updates to our processes and purposes, will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
12. Third Party Sites
13. Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our Site.
14. Contacting us
If you have any questions regarding this Policy or to access or correct your information, please contact us by:
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- clicking on the unsubscribe link in any of our communications or reports; or
- by writing to the Web Manager, Instant Offices Limited, The Blue Fin Building, 1st Floor, 110 Southwark Street, London SE1 0TA.
Thank you for visiting our Site.
Last edited: November 2017