CyrusOne - Rethink Performance
- Sustainability Consulting
- Data Centres across Europe
Leading global data centre developer and operator, CyrusOne joined forces with Incendium, the sustainability consultancy arm of The Instant Group, to accelerate their sustainability initiatives and drive positive change within the data centre industry.
CyrusOne faced significant challenges in accurately calculating sustainability performance, including aligning it with their goals and implementing a standardised methodology across their extensive portfolio of data centres. As a founding member of the Climate Neutral Data Centre Pact (CNDCP), it was crucial for CyrusOne to overcome these obstacles and set a precedent for existing and future data centres.
Leveraging the expertise of Incendium, CyrusOne were able to overcome these challenges. Incendium provided CyrusOne with a robust methodology for accurately calculating sustainability performance and implemented this methodology across existing sites and future developments. Moreover, Incendium mobilised all relevant stakeholders to prepare for the first audit, and armed CyrusOne with correct process to comply.
As a result, CyrusOne has become the first data centre operator to receive the Self-Regulatory Initiative (SRI) compliance certificate from the Climate Neutral Data Centre Pact (CNDCP). Simply put, CyrusOne powers all its data centres with 100% renewable energy and is close to reaching the ambitious energy targets for 2030, reducing their operational emissions to nearly zero.
- Achieve compliance with the Climate Neutral Data Centre Pact’s
- Collect sustainability data across all data centres and implementing a sustainability performance methodology
- Align sustainability performance across the data centre portfolio.
- CyrusOne was able to collect and collate sustainability data across their entire data center portfolio with the help of Incendium’s methodology.
- CyrusOne is now able to calculate their sustainability performance, providing accurate results measuring energy efficiency, water conservation, and circular economy initiatives, with Incendium’s expert implementation methodology.
- CyrusOne were well-prepared for the first audit as Incendium mobilised all relevant stakeholders and armed them with the correct process to comply.
- CyrusOne is the first European data centre to receive the Self-Regulatory Initiative Certification from the Climate Neutral Data Centre Pact (CNDCP).
- Four sites have achieved the 2030 energy and water efficiency targets, with future sites to follow.
- CyrusOne now powers all its data centres with 100% renewable electricity, reducing their operational emissions (Scope 1 & 2) to nearly zero.
"At CyrusOne, we have long recognised that transparency is central to achieving our sustainability goals. The independent verification of these efforts creates a powerful benchmark for the business and the industry. Partnering with Incendium has been instrumental in helping us navigate the complexities of collecting and organising sustainability data. Their expertise has equipped us with the necessary insights to align our goals and drive positive change in our processes."
Matt Pullen, EVP and Managing Director Europe, CyrusOne