Saturday, 19 October, 2019
Highways England - Rethink Speed
Instant delivers a turnkey, flexible managed office with an enhanced working environment.
With a serviced office licence expiry fast approaching, Highways England needed to find a new Manchester office, fast. But with a large number of other office projects underway, they needed additional resource to find and deliver the workspace on time.
To find, facilitate and fit-out a modern, on-brand and flexible workspace for 84 people within a 4-month delivery deadline.
- Tight timescales necessitated an immediately available workspace
- Resource was limited whilst the client’s real estate team was focused on delivering multiple sites elsewhere across the country
- Uninspired with its incumbent serviced office, Highways England was keen to deliver an improved working environment, look and feel in its new workspace – to retain and attract the best talent
- From a budget perspective, Highways England had scope to spend CAPEX, but needed to keep OPEX figures as low as possible – and deliver good value overall
- Combining market insight and local relationships, Instant provided a shortlist of workspaces aligned to Highways England’s specification
- Instant sourced an office with a smart residual fit-out already in situ, allowing us to invest more budget in the overall workspace layout and aesthetics rather than workstations
- Instant delivered a turnkey managed office solution in a 7,514 sq.ft. workspace comprising:
- 3-week, high-speed fit-out completed to enable occupancy within the required timescales
- Bespoke interior design, furnishings and materials including open plan desks and ample breakout space
- Increase speed to market: Instant delivered the space in 4 months, where self delivery would have taken 6-8 months, including an accelerated 3-week bespoke fit-out.
- Enhance financial performance: Instant’s ability to deliver tailored commercials was hugely beneficial, enabling Highways England to increase CAPEX and reduce OPEX in line with its planned budget.
- Attract, retain and enable talent: The improved working environment and office aesthetic has had a big impact on staff wellbeing, creating a workspace to be proud of.
- Inject agility into enterprise: Low-risk, flexible solution with a 5-year term.
"We are very pleased with the outcome of this project – it was well managed and delivered efficiently to very tight timescales. Instant was committed to delivering a high-quality product on time, and the team’s commitment to customer satisfaction is very impressive."
Mark Allen, Regional FM Contract Manager (North West)
Highways England: The government company charged with operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Highways England has around 5,000 staff based in locations around the country and delivers billions of pounds of investment on the UK’s road network every year.
A creative, start-up style workspace that creates opportunity for collaboration with clients
Need something custom?
Our experts can deliver insights or a flexible workspace report tailored to your specifications.